Sunday, August 16, 2026

Elvis Presley : The King (Box Set)


 Elvis Aaron Presley

 (January 8, 1935 – August 16, 1977)

 was an American

 singer and actor. 

Often referred to as the

 "King of Rock and Roll"

or simply

 "The King"

 he is widely regarded as 

one of the most 

culturally significant figures

 of the

 20th century

Presley's energetic and

sexually provocative

performance style,

 combined with a mixture of

 influences across color lines 

during a transformative era

 in race relations,

 brought both great success 

and initial controversy.

Presley was born in 

Tupelo, Mississippi;

 his family moved to 

Memphis, Tennessee, 

when he was 13. 

He began his music career

 in 1954 

at Sun Records with

 the producer 

Sam Phillips, 

who wanted to bring 

the sound of 

African-American music 

to a wider audience.

 Presley, on guitar 

and accompanied by 

the guitarist 

Scotty Moore 

on lead and the bassist 

Bill Black, 

was a pioneer of rockabilly,

 an uptempo, 

backbeat-driven fusion of 

country music 

and rhythm and blues. 

In 1955, 

the drummer

 D. J. Fontana 

joined to complete 

the lineup 

of Presley's classic quartet 

and RCA Victor 

acquired his contract 

in a deal arranged by 

Colonel Tom Parker, 

who managed him

 for the rest of his career. 

Presley's first RCA Victor single,

 "Heartbreak Hotel", 

was released in

 January 1956 

and became a

 number-one hi

t in the US. 

Within a year, 

RCA Victor sold 

ten million Presley singles. 

With a series of successful

 television appearances 

and chart-topping records, 

Presley became the leading figure

 of the newly popular

 rock and roll, 

though his performing style

 and promotion of the

 then-marginalized sound of 

African Americans led

 to his being widely considered

 a threat to the moral

 well-being of 

white American youth.

 In November 1956, 

Presley made his film debut in 

Love Me Tender

Drafted into military service 

in 1958

he relaunched his 

recording career

 two years later 

with some of his 

most commercially successful work. 

Presley held few concerts,

 and, guided by Parker, 

devoted much of the 1960s

 to making Hollywood films 

and soundtrack albums, 

most of them critically derided. 

Some of Presley's most 

Famous films included

Jailhouse Rock

(1957), 

Blue Hawaii 

(1961),

 and 

Viva Las Vegas 

(1964).

 In 1968, 

he returned to the stage

 in the acclaimed

 NBC television 

comeback special Elvis

which led to an extended

Las Vegas concert residency 

and several highly

 profitable tours.

 In 1973,

 Presley gave the first concert 

by a solo artist to be

 broadcast around the world, 

Aloha from Hawaii

Many years of substance abuse 

and unhealthy eating 

severely compromised his health, 

and Presley died in 

August 1977 

at his Graceland estate

 at the age of 42.

Presley is one of the

best-selling 

music artists in history

having sold an estimated 

500 million records worldwide

.He was commercially successful

 in many genres,

 including pop,

country,

rock and roll, 

rockabilly, 

rhythm and blues, 

adult contemporary

and gospel.

Presley won 

three Grammy Awards,

 received the Grammy 

Lifetime Achievement Award

at age 36, 

and has been posthumously

 inducted into multiple

 music halls of fame

He holds several records, 

including the most

Recording Industry 

Association of America 

(RIAA)-certified 

gold and platinum albums, 

the most albums

 charted on the

Billboard 200

the most number-one albums

 by a solo artist on

 the UK Albums Chart

and the most number-one

 singles by any act 

on the UK Singles Chart

. In 2018,

 Presley was 

posthumously

 awarded the

Presidential Medal of Freedom.



Notes :

This Is A Little Something 

To Celebrate The Life 

of 

"THE KING"

ELVIS PRESLEY

This Is A 4 CD 

Box Set I Made 

(Just Took The Cover From Somewhere Else)

It Is A Box Set 

First Two CD's are

Slow Tunes

And Last Two

Are 

Fast Songs

From Throughout 

His Career

Cover Songs, 

Live Songs,

Demos

TRACKLIST




CD 1

Heartbreak Hotel

Love Me

Don't

You Don't Know Me

Love Me Tender

Something 
(Live)

Can't Help Falling in Love

There's Always Me

It's Now or Never

Are You Lonesome Tonight

Always on My Mind

Don't Cry Daddy

In The Ghetto
 (take 11)

Suspicious Minds

The Wonder of You
 (Live)

That's When You're Heartaches Begin

You Don't Have To Say You Love Me

Make The World Go Away

And I Love You So

Yesterday 
(Live)

Hey Jude

Crying in The Chapel

Help Me Make it Through The Night

My Way

They Remind Me Too Much Of You

CD 2

Loving You

Where Do You Come From

Any Way You Want Me
 (That's How I'll Be)

She Wears My Ring

Let It Be Me
 (Live)

Rags To Riches 
(Live)

Unchained Melody
 (Live)

You've Lost That Loving Feeling 
(Live)

You'll Think Of Me

I'll Remember You

It Hurts Me

As Long As I Have You

The Thrill of Your Love

True Love

Please Don't Stop Lovin' Me

Tryin' To Get To You

It Keeps Right On A Hurtin'

Only The Strong Survive

The Impossible Dream
 (Live)

If I Can Dream

Memories

Mama Liked The Roses

I Just Cant Help Believin'
 (Live)

Separate Ways

I've Lost You

The Fair is Moving On

I Need You So

Anything That's Part of You

CD 3

That's All Right 
(Mama)

Baby Let's Play House

Just Because

My Baby Left Me

Don't Be Cruel

Blue Suede Shoes

So Glad You're Mine

Mean Woman Blues

(Let Me Be) 
Your Teddy Bear

Tutti Frutti

All Shook Up

Ready Teddy

Too Much

Hound Dog

Lawdy,Miss Clawdy

Long Tall Sally

Shake, Rattle and Roll

Rip It Up

What I Say

I Got A Woman

Money Honey

Blueberry Hill

Treat Me Nice

Wear My Ring Around Your Neck

I Got Stung

One Night of Sin

An American Trilogy
 (Live)

What Now My Love
 (Live)

Runaway 
(Live)

Moody Blue

(Elvis Has Left The Building)

CD 4

Trouble/Guitar Man

Jailhouse Rock

Hard Headed Woman

When It Rains, It Really Pours

One Night

I Beg of You

A Big Hunk O' Love

Stuck on You

Return To Sender

A Less Conversation

Let Yourself Go

You're The Devil in Disguise

After Lovin' You

Steam Roller Blues 
(Live)

Surrender

Suspicion

Fever

Burning Love

Proud Mary
 (Live)

I Can't Stop Lovin' You
 (Live)

Funny How Time Slips Away
 (Live)

Road Medley

(Elvis Has Left The Building)







No comments:

Bobby Vinton : The Best Of Bobby Vinton

LONELY, I'M MR. LONELY I HAVE NOBODY  FOR MY OWN

Free Guitar Blue Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com