Sunday, June 21, 2026

John Lee Hooker : Urban Blues (Expanded Edition)




John Lee Hooker

(August 22, 1912 or 1917 – June 21, 2001) 

was an American 

blues singer, 

songwriter, 

and guitarist. 

The son of a sharecropper, 

he rose to prominence 

performing an electric

 guitar-style adaptation of

Delta blues that he

 developed in Detroit. 

Hooker often incorporated 

other elements, 

including talking blues 

and early North 

Mississippi hill 

country blues. 

He developed his own

 driving-rhythm boogie style, 

distinct from the 

1930s–1940s 

piano-derived 

boogie-woogie. 

Hooker was ranked 35

 in Rolling Stone'

2015 list of 

100 greatest guitarists, 

and has been cited as 

one of the greatest 

male blues vocalists

 of all time

.Some of his best

 known songs include 

"Boogie Chillen'"

(1948), 

"Crawling King Snake"

 (1949), 

"Dimples" 

(1956), 

"Boom Boom"

 (1962),

 and

 "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer" 

(1966).

 Several of his later albums, 

including 

The Healer 

(1989), 

Mr. Lucky 

(1991),

Chill Out 

(1995), 

and 

Don't Look Back

(1997), 

were album chart successes

 in the U.S. 

and UK. 

The Healer 

(for the song

 "I'm in the Mood")

 and 

Chill Out

(for the album)

 both earned him 

Grammy wins,

 as well as

Don't Look Back,

 which went on to earn him 

a double-Grammy win

 for Best Traditional 

Blues Recording

 and 

Best Pop Collaboration

 with Vocals

 (with Van Morrison)




 Urban Blues

is the fourth recording by

John Lee Hooker 

under the

 ABC recording years.

 It was released in

 1967 

under the 

ABC-Bluesway 

record label, 

and re-released

 in 1993 

under

MCA records

 with  bonus tracks a

nd a 

different song order.

TRACKLIST


Cry Before I Go

Boom Boom

Back Biters And Syndicators

Mr. Lucky

I Can't Quit You Baby

My Own Blues

I Can't Stand To Leave You

Think Twice Before You Go

Blue Monday

I'm Standing In Line

Hot Spring Water, Part I

Hot Spring Water, Part II

The Motor City Is Burning

Want Ad Blues

I'm In The Mood

Crawling King Snake

Mean Mistreatin'

How Long

I Gotta Go To Vietnam

Messin' 'Round With The Blues

Hold On Baby

Sugar Mama

Five Long Years

NEW LINK


No comments:

Bobby Vinton : The Best Of Bobby Vinton

LONELY, I'M MR. LONELY I HAVE NOBODY  FOR MY OWN

Free Guitar Blue Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com