Saturday, August 1, 2026

John Lee Hooker : The Real Folk Blues/ More Real Folk Blues : The Missing Album



ONE BURBON, ONE SCOTCH, ONE BEER,


The Real Folk Blues

is an album by

 blues musician

John Lee Hooker 

That was recorded in 

Chicago in 1966 

and released by

 the Chess label.

 Additional tracks

 from the sessions 

were released as 

More Real Folk Blues:

 The Missing Album 

in 1991. 

AllMusic reviewer

 Stephen Cook stated: 

"Listeners wanting to find a

 comprehensive collection 

of Hooker's work 

may not find it here,

 but they certainly 

won't be disappointed 

once the needle hits 

the grooves on 

this solid 1966 

Chess release by

 the blues master. 

Featuring nine 

Hooker originals, 

the set is a

 fetching mix 

of raucously 

fun up-tempo cuts 

and 

starkly slow classics."


More Real Folk Blues: 

The Missing Album

is a record by blues

 guitarist and singer

John Lee Hooker 

that was recorded in 

Chicago in 1966 

at the same sessions for

The Real Folk Blues

but not released by

 the Chess label 

until 1991

AllMusic reviewer 

Bill Dahl stated: 

"Produced by 

Ralph Bass

 in 1966 

but not issued by 

Chess at the time, 

More Real Folk Blues

was unearthed by 

MCA only a

 few years back.

 It's no masterpiece, 

but certainly deserved 

release in its day 

 backed by Burns

 and a 

Chicago rhythm section

 that copes as well

 as can be 

expected with 

Hooker's singular

 sense of timing".

TRACKLIST


Let's Go Out Tonight

Peace Lovin' Man

Stella Mae

I Put My Trust In You

I'm In The Mood

You Know, I Know

I'll Never Trust Your Love Again

One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer

The Waterfront

This Land is Nobody's Land

Deep Blue Sea

Nobody Knows

Mustang Sally And GTO

Lead Me

Catfish

I Cant Quit You Baby

Want Ad Blues

House Rent Blues

NEW LINK


No comments:

Bobby Vinton : The Best Of Bobby Vinton

LONELY, I'M MR. LONELY I HAVE NOBODY  FOR MY OWN

Free Guitar Blue Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com