Saturday, August 1, 2026

Roberta Flack : Killing Me Softly




I HEARD HE SANG A GOOD SONG

I HEARD HE HAD A STYLE

ANS SO I CAME TO SEE HIM

AND LISTENED FOR A WHILE




Killing Me Softly

is the fourth 

studio album by 

American

 singer-songwriter

Roberta Flack

 released on

 August 1, 1973, 

by Atlantic Records. 

She recorded the album

 with producer

Joel Dorn

for 18 months. 

The album was dedicated to 

Rahsaan Roland Kirk.

Killing Me Softly 

reached number three

 on the Billboard

Top LPs & Tape 

and number two 

on the Soul LPs chart. 

The Recording Industry 

Association of America

(RIAA) 

certified the album

gold on

 August 27, 1973, 

and double platinum

 on

 January 30, 2006,

 denoting shipments of 

two million copies 

in the United States.

 It was nominated for a 

Grammy Award for

Album of the Year, 

which it lost to 

Stevie Wonder's 

1973 album 

Innervisions.

 The album's title track 

was released as a single

and topped the 

Billboard Hot 100. 

It won the 1974 

Grammy Award 

for Record of the Year.

"Jesse",

 the follow-up single 

to the title track, 

reached number 30

 on the

Billboard Hot 100.

Record World 

called the single a 

"gorgeous Janis Ian tune"

NEW LINK

No comments:

Bobby Vinton : The Best Of Bobby Vinton

LONELY, I'M MR. LONELY I HAVE NOBODY  FOR MY OWN

Free Guitar Blue Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com