Thursday, September 10, 2026

Blue Magic :Thirteen Blue Magic Lane



I NEVER BEEN TO HEAVEN
INSTEAD,
 I SPENT THE NIGHT WITH YOU
MAYBE THAT'S THE REASON 
I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO


 Thirteen Blue Magic Lane

is the third album

by American

soul group

Blue Magic

 produced by

Norman Harris

and 

Ron "Have Mercy" Kersey 

and released in 1975 

on the Atco label.

History

The album was recorded at

Sigma Sound Studios

in Philadelphia 

and features 

Sigma's famous

house band MFSB.

Thirteen Blue Magic Lane

is the third 

of Blue Magic's 

highly regarded triumvirate 

of classic Philadelphia soul albums

 of 

1974-1975, 

admired for its mixture 

of equally strong ballads 

and uptempo tracks. 

"Chasing Rainbows"

 and 

"The Loneliest House on the Block" 

are ballads 

in the style for which

 the group had become known, 

while tracks such as

 "We're on the Right Track" 

are seen as being

 at what was at the time

 the cutting edge

 in the development of

disco music 

out of established

 soul music forms.

 "What's Come Over Me"

 is a remake of a track

 from the group's first album

Blue Magic, 

featuring vocalist 

Margie Joseph.

NEW LINK


No comments:

Bobby Vinton : The Best Of Bobby Vinton

LONELY, I'M MR. LONELY I HAVE NOBODY  FOR MY OWN

Free Guitar Blue Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com